This is a health profession that links the health sciences with the chemical sciences, and it is charged with ensuring the safe and effective use of medication.
Applicants are accepted if they meet the following entry requirements:
- KCSE minimum aggregate C plain with the following specific requirements: C in English or Kiswahili and Chemistry or Physical Science and Biology.
- C in any one of the following: Physics, Mathematics.
The programme is offered at Nairobi, Mombasa and Machakos MTCs.
- September intake
- March intake
Applications are posted in March and May
This is a three year programme consisting of:
- Two years full time in class for lectures and practicals in the laboratory
- 7 months attachment in hospitals, industries and community pharmacies
- Two months in class after attachment to complete the remaining course work and prepare for qualifying examinations.